Bulgaria is a great destination for travellers seeking out adventure while on vacation. From pleasant to hair-raising, there are adventures for everyone.
Bulgaria is most often viewed as a cultural destination – a place to learn, explore, and inherit the ways of the people there. While this is true, Â it can also be a place for those seeking an adventurous vacation … after all – lying on the beach or relaxing at an outdoor cafe isn’t for everyone.
There are simple adventures … or rather – sports … for the on-the-go traveller with a low tolerance for excitement:
- On-boat fishing or boat rides (fish include cod,Â turbot, mullet, mackerel, bluefish, and more)
- River or dam fishing
- Horseback riding (along the coast)
- Jet skiing
- Hunting (game animals include pheasant, partridge,Â deer, wild boar, mouflon, chamois, capercaillie, and bear)
For those looking for adrenaline-producing adventures, Bulgaria doesn’t disappoint:
- Deep sea diving and exploration
- Undersea fishing
- Whitewater rafting
- Horseback riding in the mountains
- Paragliding and hang-gliding
- Mountain climbing
- Bungee jumping (try the Prohodna cave bungee jumping experience – diving into the abyss)
Of course, this is only a small list of the many possibilities for adventure in Bulgaria. Put on your explorer’s cap and take a hiking adventure of your own. You’re bound to discover many of the amazing secrets of Bulgaria … not to mention great photo opportunities of the landscape and the wondrous things that live there.